<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Sponsored Links
2005 Mariners Pitchers' ROER:
Contact Who Wants To Watch The World Series!!
Mariners News
Mariners Blogosphere
Cubs Blogs
Baseball Links
Partisan Blogs
General Sports
WWTWTWS Hall Of Fame
Time Wasters
Archives

Friday, December 19, 2003

Finals Are Over: A Collection Of Miscellaneous Thoughts 

Kevin Millwood accepted salary arbitration from the Phills. The "Jose Mesa Is No Longer My Closer" light must have been slow to click on. Billy Wagner will help Millwood bring his win total in 2004 back near 20 where it belongs.


Checking out the other M's blogs, I see I've been discovered. Steve got me first. That means, all told, there might me as many as seven people reading anything I might post here. Pressure's on.



MARINER NICKNAMES:
We need more. Here's a few I've come up with while staring blankly at exam questions:

"Mr. Electricity" - Randy Winn (actually, my friend Pete Ziemkiewicz coined this, in one of those "I guess you had to be there" moments)
"Plastic Man" - Ryan Franklin

"Goat Boy" - Bill Bavasi



"Robocop" - Rafael Soriano
"Jazzier Sausage" - Kazuhiro Sasaki (see 12/17/03 post)


EXISTING NICKNAMES TO KEEP:

"Papi" - Edgar Martinez
"Big Chief" - Freddy Garcia
"Everyday Eddie" - Eddie Guardado

PLAYERS IN NEED OF NICKNAME REPLACEMENT SURGERY

"Big Ben" - Ben Davis
"Boonie" - Bret Boone
All other players whose nickname consists of "ie" suffixed to the first syllable of his last name
"Daimajin" - Kazu Sasaki

INANIMATE NICKNAMES IN NEED OF REPLACEMENT

"The Thang" - Kazuhiro Sasaki's splitter. Nothing makes me cringe more that when Rick Rizzs says, "And here comes the Thang." Next time I see Rick at the Joker I'll make sure to tell him.

HONORABLE MENTION

"Gump" - Bob Melvin. Too bad Sox fans at SOSH have already used this one for Grady Little.

Comments: Post a Comment