<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Sponsored Links
2005 Mariners Pitchers' ROER:
Contact Who Wants To Watch The World Series!!
Mariners News
Mariners Blogosphere
Cubs Blogs
Baseball Links
Partisan Blogs
General Sports
WWTWTWS Hall Of Fame
Time Wasters
Archives

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Raul Ibanez: A Man With An Approach 

In the few games that I've been fortunate enough to watch on TV (poor college student me has no cable, so no FSNW), I can't discern any observable strategy to Ibanez's AB's this year. Case in point: Edgar just bombed, we're down by one with nobody out in the ninth, and Joe Nathan takes the ball to face Rauuuuuuuul. I say to my buddy Kevin (neighbor with the good fortune to have cable): "First pitch fastball, right down broadway, and Raul looks at it for strike one." Nathan reaches back and fires a first pitch fastball down the midle for strike one. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with trying to work the count to get your pitch, but that one was RIGHT IN IBANEZ'S WHEELHOUSE, and he just watched it. Take a friggin' hack, buddy! After Nathan got strike one, he was able to just nibble for strikes two and three, and Ibanez was dead as disco. I'm not going to read too much into one pitch, but when I can call what's going to happen, things are going south.

Comments: Post a Comment