<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Sponsored Links
2005 Mariners Pitchers' ROER:
Contact Who Wants To Watch The World Series!!
Mariners News
Mariners Blogosphere
Cubs Blogs
Baseball Links
Partisan Blogs
General Sports
WWTWTWS Hall Of Fame
Time Wasters
Archives

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Talk About Sneaking Up On A Big Milestone 

Thanks to a recent post on Cub Reporter, I now know that Greg Maddux has a very very very good chance to reach 3000 strikeouts for his career. That would put Maddux, the model of a finesse pitcher before Jamie Moyer started doing his thing, 13th on the all-time list. He's at 2800 now, so barring injury, he should get there by the end of next year. Good luck to Maddux, the only Brave I've ever liked.

EDIT, 3:09 PM -- I should have phrased that last sentence better. Something like "only Brave I've liked since 1991 or so." Hank Aaron is one of my all-time favorites, and his autobiography "I Had A Hammer" is one of my favorite baseball books, to boot.

Comments: Post a Comment