<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Sponsored Links
2005 Mariners Pitchers' ROER:
Contact Who Wants To Watch The World Series!!
Mariners News
Mariners Blogosphere
Cubs Blogs
Baseball Links
Partisan Blogs
General Sports
WWTWTWS Hall Of Fame
Time Wasters
Archives

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

#80 Is Off Limits 

I just saw the Rice press conference on Sportscenter. You know they type, where the high-profile new player holds up his new squad's jersey with his freshly-hemmed name stitched on back. I wondered about this when I first heard they got Rice, and now I know: evidently, Steve Largent is dead to the Seahawks, because they're giving Rice #80. Before I even knew the offsides rule, I had one of those old Seahawks t-shirt jerseys with #80 on back, and it wasn't in anticipation of a player who would join the team twenty years later. Does this bug anyone besides me?

Comments:
You know, my neighbor has a human anatomy book, so I looked up "craw" in the index. It was conspicuously absent. As were "upside the head," "unibrow," and "the junk."

Washington State University. World Class. Face to face.
 
Post a Comment